Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Broken-Down House

I found in my box the newest Paul Tripp book: Broken-Down House: Living Productively in a World Gone Bad. A broken-down house is Paul's metaphor for the world in which we live. In his preface he writes:

So in the pages that follow, I invite you to consider one simple thing. What does it look like to live productively in a world - a "house" - that is broken down? Someday you will live forever in a fully restored house. But right now you are called to live with peace, joy, and productivity in a place that has been sadly damaged by sin. How can you live above the damage? Even better, how can you be an active part of the restoration that is at the heart of God's plan of redemption? This is what the book you have in your hands is all about.

(I have it in my hands. You need to get one in yours! Westminster Bookstore has it featured on its website for $9.49.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home