Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trap Shooting

"So, Mr. Bird, Mr. Clay Bird, do you feel lucky?"

"Pull!" BANG!

"Guess, you weren't so lucky today."

That was the fate of bird after bird fleeing from my deadly aim.

Actually, the "bird" is a little clay frisbee shot from a trap shooter. Marlin Buckley took me out to his club yesterday (Delaware Co. Field & Stream Assoc.) to give me a hand at trap shooting. It took a few birds flying to safety before I started to get the hang of it. Even graduated to shooting two at a time. I just hope I can control my reflexes if someone tosses a frisbee near me.

1 Comments:

Blogger cskempf said...

I can't help but remember my first experience skeet shooting, off the stern of a Celebrity cruise ship en route to Bermuda (my mother-in-law was treating all the women in her family to a trip). I was 7 months pregnant with Kate, which made not a few other participants uncomfortable! It does feel good when that clay shatters..

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home