Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sunday Singing

There has been a request to post early in the week the hymns for morning worship so that families in particular, but everyone, can review and sing them in preparation. Here are not only hymns, but the sermon scripture as well. Parents, you are encouraged to go through the hymns with your children. Hymnbooks may be purchased in the bookstore.

Scripture: Philippians 2:1-11
Hymns:
660 - O God beyond All Praising
644 - May the Mind of Christ My Savior
The third hymn is a composition by Eric Alexander and Paul Jones based on Philippians 2.

4 Comments:

Blogger s duggan said...

Thank you very much for posting this! I hope you will continue to do so as possible. You are right we find that using them as part of family worship time during the week makes it easier for our youngest (in particular) to participate in corporate worship on Sunday.

4:31 PM  
Blogger M Clark said...

Send me a reminder if I haven't done it by each Tuesday, not that I'm forgetful.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Cora's Asian Oddyssey said...

This is a great service to the congregation, Marion! When I'm in town I have my Saturday devotions from the bulletin, reading through the Scriptures, singing all the hymns and prayng for the various parts of the service. By Sunday morning I feel ready to participate whole heartedly in the service because I've prepared and practiced it all. Now the whole congregation can do it!

3:09 AM  
Blogger C.Brubaker said...

Thanks for sharing your very easy to follow suggestions on how to use the bulletin, Cora! What a wonderful way to prepare for Sunday!
We are praying for you as you travel and serve!!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home