Monday, September 24, 2007

Here's to...

I have noted before a significant movement of young Tenth members moving into the city, particularly in the SOSS (South of South Street) area. I applaud the their commitment and love for the city. All the more then I want to acknowledge an earlier group of young Tenth members who did the same thing when that area of the city was not a hot spot. I am thinking of the City Light/Impact fellowships led by Glenn McDowell who himself literally invested in the housing market in that area. Bruce and Susan McDowell also moved onto a street that would not have been considered safe. I think of two other members - one who defended his door from being beaten down and another attacked just outside her door. So here is a belated thanks to you who in a sense were ahead of your time. May your vision see its fulfillment in this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home