Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sunday Sermons

For Sunday morning I will be preaching on Ephesians 5:25-33. Some very helpful reading has been D. Martin Loyd-Jones book, Life in the Spirit in Marriage, Home, and Work. Published by Banner of Truth, it is an exposition of Ephesians 5:18-6:9. He spends time doing what many other commentators fail to do, which is to discuss thoroughly what it is for Christ to love the church. We tend to quickly move to the application for husbands, without considering the profound theological teaching for the church. I hope to give due attention to both church and husbands, and would appreciate your prayers for preparation.

In the evening I will preach on the original biblical teaching about tithing, given in Deuteronomy 14:22-29. You may wish to do your own word study of tithing in preparation.

1 Comments:

Blogger cskempf said...

Marion, I was first introduced to MLloyd-Jones almost 20 yrs ago while studying Ephesians and finding his commentary in 10th's library. I felt as if I'd discovered a key to unlock troves of wisdom!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home