Monday, November 20, 2006

Just Get Me to the Parade

I saw this in today's paper:

A start-up online mapping service is betting that many Philadelphia-area residents won't want to e bothered with their cars for Thursday's Thanksgving Day Parade. PublicRoutes.com says it has sliced, diced and algorithmed SEPTA train, subway and bus routes so that users of its free site can find their way from anywhere in the five-county region to the parade route and back.

P.S. I just went to it and can't figure out how to get to the information. Now I need a website to show me how to navigate the navigation site!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Brydges said...

I tested the site given my knowledge of the SEPTA system and was impressed with the results. The station stops and timing information may need some work but overall I think it is a good site for someone not familar with the Philadelphia area. For someone who wants to use SEPTA alone, I'd still suggest the SEPTA website (maybe a biased opinion) but I like the fact the this website can combine different modes of transportation. I wonder if it will continue to be free or will there be a lot of pop up ads in the future.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home