Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Assistant Needed

I would like to find an assistant to help me with running the ACTS Community Dinners. This would free me up to miss an occasional second Sunday, which I will certainly need to do next Spring when baby #2 is born (in mid-May).

What I do is mostly set up before the guests arrive:

- coordinate table Hosts (assign seating, do last-minute recruiting when necessary)
- interface with the Servers (typically area church youth groups), telling them the purpose of the dinners, how to approach their work, and certain rules
- make sure the tables and chairs are set up
- I am a point of contact for questions and directing traffic as needed

What is needed is someone who wants to serve in a "background" capacity (this isn't where someone gifted in "front-line evangelism" would feel content; in this role, there's not much direct interaction with the poor and homeless that we serve). Administrative and organizational gifts are definitely important, and leadership gifts are encouraged.

Anyone interested should contact me at gmp2cor520@comcast.net or gmp2cor520@hotmail.com for more information.

Thanks!

Gwen Plut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home