Thursday, July 06, 2006

Til We Have Faces

I see that the next women's summer reading group is discussing Til We Have Faces this coming Monday. I believe Lewis considered it the best of his fiction work. I personally think it is a profound treatment of how we mask from ourselves the true condition of our hearts. Orual (the narrator) is the enlightened one who thinks she wants what is good and true, but eventually she must see what it truly in her heart. The final scene (which I will not disclose) before the gods is a powerful exposé of the human heart. For those of you attending, I suggest you also read the story of Cupid and Psyche of which this book is a retelling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The group is meeting at Ginny' Toliver's place at 10:00 AM on Monday July 10.

For more information on book groups - see the church's website at http://www.tenth.org/index.php?id=123

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home