Saturday, December 17, 2005

Narnia Recording

Listened to the Reading Narnia with C. S. Lewis presentation by Leland Ryken and Bryan Glass' dramatic reading of the chapter about Aslan's death. I've been told that the movie's version of Aslan's death is fairly mild. Well, my skin was tingling listening to Bryan's enactment. If I were five, I would have been terrified. Anna Taylor and (I think) Kira Fallon read the parts of Susan and Lucy. I was taken aback by their professionalism. For copyright law reasons, we can't post the reading (evidently due to recorded music used). But if you want to hear it, email me. Maybe we can make a deal.

I also enjoyed the lectures. A long time ago, when in college, I did an independent study for two professors (one in literature and the other in religion) on Lewis. By far, one of the smartest moves I've ever made. I appreciated the remarks about taking time to receive the author's work before trying to make use of it for your own agenda. The secret of all good scholars and of all enjoyers of literature and anything, for that matter, is being a good listener and observer above all else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home