Monday, July 11, 2005

Jesus in a Refugee Camp

I continue to edit the testimonies of our new members coming before the church this Sunday. Time does not allow for the full testimonies. Here is an uncut version of one who came to Christ in a refugee camp:

I was born into a Buddhist home and never heard about Jesus growing up. I lived in Cambodia and was twenty when Pol Pot took control of the country. During the Pol Pot years, my father died of starvation, my brother was shot and killed, my husband stepped on a land mine and later died, and my baby died of starvation. When the Vietnamese came into Cambodia my family escaped on foot to Thailand. At that time I began to cry out for the God who created the world. In Thailand we were placed in a refugee camp where missionaries talked about Jesus, about the God who created the world, about Adam and Eve, about sin, and about heaven and hell. I was afraid that God would send me to hell when I died because I saw that I was a sinner. When the missionaries talked about Jesus dying on the cross for my sin, I prayed to God to forgive all my sins. I began to go to Bible Studies and prayer every morning, and my faith grew stronger. I love God and the Bible and the church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home