Monday, May 10, 2010

The Perfect Gift

Have you ever given someone the "perfect" gift? I mean the gift that the receiver was blown away by. He couldn't believe how thoughtful and generous you were. Well, we've come up with the perfect gift for Phil and Lisa to give on their last Sunday here. It will blow Phil away. It will be from the congregation, so I need church members and friends to kick in on it. You will be glad you did, believe me. No, I can't tell you what it is. I want it to be a complete surprise. The elders know and a handful of others. It is such a great gift!

Anyhow, if you can contribute, make out checks to "D. Marion Clark." No, it's not a joke. The money cannot go through the church; otherwise, Phil actually gets taxed for it. Don't ask me to explain; I just trust what the finance people tell me. Anyhow, make the check out to me and send in to the church with attention to Nancy Hala, or give to me or her on Sunday. She will record it all, Jessie Yang will keep track, and I will deposit. (I'll give it all back for the gift; I promise). I need donations in as soon as possible. No donation is too small, nor too large, for that matter. If you need to discuss amount, give me a call or email me.

Did I mention how great a gift this is?

2 Comments:

Blogger dori said...

Let me guess...a Phillies jersey to wear at Cardinal games?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Cora's Asian Oddyssey said...

Probably not, Dori. I'd guess it would be really great seats and a season pass to Cardinal's games.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home